Mackie SRM150 Active PA Speaker at a Glance:
- Built-in mixer
- 3-band EQ
- High output, premium sound
- Great as a personal monitor
- Rear patch bay for expansion
At the very heart of the SRM150 is a Mackie mixer, with all the versatility and features you've come to expect from the company. Channels 1 and 2 can be used for mic/line sources, thanks to the handy Neutrik Combo jack, which accepts either 1/4" TRS or XLR connections. True 48V phantom power is supplied, so you can use even the most finicky condenser mics with confidence. You can also plug in your guitar, bass (or any other hi-Z instrument) into Channel 1, press the CH1 Instrument switch and you get all the benefits of a DI box, without the hassle and added expense. Channel 3 is reserved for stereo devices, such as MP3, CD, or tape players - a great feature for performers working with backing tracks.
The SRM150 boasts a highly musical EQ, and the bands work very independently of each other, allowing you to cut or boost a specific band without affecting the others. With up to 15dB boost/cut capability per band, the onboard active EQ provides amazing tone-sculpting latitude and feedback control.
High output, premium sound
All the bells and whistles in the world are worthless if you can't crank out great sound! Mackie matched the SRM150's powerful 150-watt Class-D amplifier with a 5.25" full range, weather-resistant neodymium driver. The SRM150 puts out a blistering 120dB SPL at one meter and sounds great, whether you're accompanying a vocalist with your acoustic at the coffee house or making an A/V presentation.
A quality personal monitor
Not only is the SRM150 an excellent loudspeaker system for compact PA applications, but it also works very well as a personal monitor. The onboard 3-band EQ facilitates feedback suppression and offers the same great tone-shaping capabilities as Mackie's popular compact mixers. Mic stand-ready with an included boom arm adapter, the SRM150 puts total control right at your fingertips. In addition to stand mounting, the SRM150 was designed to provide the proper monitoring angle when used in traditional floor wedge and tabletop placement.
Rear patch bay
Want to use a second SRM150 or an SRM450? The rear panel Thru jack provides connectivity for an extra powered monitor, or for sending a mic level output to the front of house system( by activating the mic/line switch. The Main input also has a dual purpose. It can be used to receive monitor mixer signals, or to link more SRMs.
Mackie SRM150 Active Loudspeaker Features:
- Extremely portable active loudspeaker system
- 3-channel mixer with 3-band active EQ
- Two high-headroom Mackie Mic/line preamps with 48-volt phantom power
- Instrument-ready input (no DI required)
- Dedicated stereo channel for keyboards, CD, MP3, iPods, etc.
- Neutrik Combo "line in" for linking or adding inputs
- XLR "thru" with mic/line switch for linking more SRM150s or direct send to main PA
- 150 watts of high output, Class D power
- 5.25" premium-quality, full-range neodymium driver
- Frequency Response: 100Hz to 17.5kHz
- Complete system protection with built-in limiter
- 120dB maximum SPL @ 1meter
- Built-in top carry handle
- Integral aluminum heat sink
- Mic stand integration system for use with stand and boom
- Tough, impact-resistant, polypropylene enclosure