882i SONIC MAXIMIZER
The 882i SONIC MAXIMIZER unit features dual-mono operation with balanced XLR inputs and outputs. It is designed for applications requiring low noise, high headroom and +4dBu input levels. The BBE 882i was designed to offer far greater strength under demanding applications such as sound reinforcement and touring.
The 882i SONIC MAXIMIZER features a 1/4 in. thick extruded aluminum faceplate anchored to the chassis via hex head bolts, and it also benefits from improved graphics which are easier to read in poorly lit environments. In addition, new knurled, aluminum knobs have been incorporated for ease of control and a more positive feel, often critical to musicians, live sound mixers and DJs making fine adjustments mid-performance.
Both models employ 1% metal film resistors and military spec PCBs with extra thick traces. Further optimizing signal flow, all pots, switches and jacks mount directly to the PC boards of these units, which also feature the extremely quiet, proprietary Sonic Maximizer op amp, designed by BBE.
- Professional recording studios
- Pro and semi-pro sound reinforcement
- Multitrack studios
- Cassette copies
- Nightclub sound systems
- Broadcast transmission
- +4dBu balanced line (1/4" tip-ring-sleeve and XLR inputs and outputs)
- +23dBu headroom
- Active balanced outputs
- Hardwire bypass
- Bypass switch for comparison of processed to unprocessed signal
- Frequency Response,
- Process Mode: Program controlled
- Bypass Mode: 10Hz to 50kHz, +/- 0.5dBu, 0dBu input
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 115dB Process IN
- THD, Process mode: less than 0.025% 20-20kHz
- Bypass mode: less than 0.002% 20-20kHz
- Maximum Output: +23dBu (may vary due to control settings)
- Input Impedance: 14.7K Ohms, balanced 1/4" stereo phone jack or XLR jack. Pin #2 is the hot or "+" signal.
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms, balanced 1/4" stereo phone jack or XLR jack. Pin #2 is the hot or "+" signal.
- Sensitivity: -45dBu for maximum process
- Maximum Process: +12dBu boost at 5kHz, 0dBu input
- Lo Contour: +12dBu adjustment at 50Hz, 0dBu input