- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad “sweet spot” and natural off-axis response.
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect.
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise.
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise.
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording.
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors.
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise.
The Shure KSM42 is a Dual-diaphragm cardioid microphone delivers exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range. It features a natural off-axis response, a dual-diaphragm with a gold Mylar diaphragm, 3-stage grille, and internal shock mount.
Why Are There No Switchable Settings (Pad, Low-Cut Filter) On the KSM42?
The design intent of the KSM42 was to craft a large-diaphragm side-address microphone for the primary application of human voice in controlled environments. Much forethought went into crafting the dual-diaphragm capsule to guarantee superior proximity control and a generous and broad “sweet spot”, with extremely consistent sound quality below 1000Hz. With a max SPL of 139 dB and a gradual low-end frequency roll-off built in, pad and filter settings become redundant.
What is Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology?
Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology consists of highly sophisticated, extremely transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented seamless audio, maximizing audio quality for premium microphone performance.
Suspenstion Shock Mound with Magnetic Pop Filter
The KSM42 ships with an open cage ShureLock rubber suspension shock mount and a low-profile Popper Stopper magnetic pop filter. This allows to setup the microphone and shock mount always with the same distance.
The KSM42 features a dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1-inch Mylar diaphragm, premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors.
Microphone Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Diaphragm Size: 1" (25.4mm)
Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz
Max SPL: 139dB
Output Impedance: 147 ohms
Signal to Noise Ratio: 86dB
Self Noise: 8.5dB (A weighted)
Weight: 1.1 lbs.
|Manufacturer Part Number||KSM42/SG|