- Dual 1-inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24-karat gold-layered, low mass, Mylar diaphragms provide superior transient response.
- Highly consistent polar patterns.
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors.
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling high input SPL sound sources.
- An integrated three-stage pop protection grille to guard against wind and breath noise.
- An internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise.
The Shure KSM44A is a Multi-pattern condenser offers great recording flexibility due to its compatibility with multiple polar pattern condensers. It features dual gold Mylar diaphragms for superior transient response, a subsonic filter, and preamplifier for transparency.
What is the KSM44A best suited to?
As a multiple pattern (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional) condenser microphone the KSM44A offers great flexibility in a variety of recording applications. It is designed as a premium vocal microphone for studio recording but additional recommended applications include:
Acoustic and wind instruments,
Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
Ensembles - choral or orchestral
What is Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology?
Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology consists of highly sophisticated, extremely transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented seamless audio, maximizing audio quality for premium microphone performance. With Prethos the KSM44A achieves groundbreaking specifications: 4 dB of self-noise with the cardioid pickup pattern.
Not only for the studio
The KSM44A comes with all features that a premium and flexible studio mic needs: dual large diaphragms with switchable polar patterns for a nuanced, clear and full sound, extremely low self noise, high sensitivity, minimized proximity effect, 3-position low frequency filter. A spider shock mount and an aluminum carrying case come with KSM44A. With the rugged design and the 15 dB pad the microphone is also used on stage.
The KSM44A is built with premium components such as the dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms. Internal and external connectors are gold plated.
Cartridge Type Condenser (externally biased)
Polar Pattern Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Bidirectional
Frequency Response 20 to 20,000 Hz
Output Impedance 50 ohms
Weight 492 g (17.4 oz.)
|Manufacturer Part Number||KSM44A/SL|