Zoom F6 Digital Multi Track Field Recorder
- 6-channel/14-track field audio recorder/mixer.
- 6 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR connectors.
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN.
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options.
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters.
- Zoom AutoMix software.
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and when powered off) I/O on 3.5mm stereo mini; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync.
- Three different power supply options: 4x AA batteries, Sony L-Series batteries, or Zoom AD-17 12V AC Adapter (L-Series batteries not included).
- 5mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack.
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with volume control SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 512 G
- Use as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (up to 96kHz).
- Use as an audio interface and record to SD card simultaneously (up to 48kHz).
- Free Zoom F Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry.
The Zoom F6 professional field recorder features both 32bit float recording and dual A and D converters, providing an unprecedented amount of dynamic range. With 6 inputs, Zoom’s solid time code, multiple power options, and wireless control, the F6 is poised to be your new secret weapon.
32 Bit Float Recording:
In the field, fluctuating dynamics can prove challenging. Loud sounds can cause clipping and quiet sounds can get lost in the noise. The F6 uses 32bit float recording with dual A and D converters to capture both explosive and subtle sounds at full audio quality without ever adjusting gain.
For Those Hard to Reach Places:
Rugged enough to withstand the most demanding scenarios and small enough to fit into the tightest spaces, the F6 will become your go-to recorder.
The F6 is equipped with six professional-grade preamps. Featuring a super-low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN), high gain (up to 75 dB), and selectable mic/line levels for each input, the F6 is built for location sound.
Precision Time Code:
Keep your tracks perfectly synced even when you power down for lunch. On or off, the F6’s Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters:
When recording in 24-bit, the F6 uses advanced look-ahead hybrid limiters to provide overload protection. By adding a 1-millisecond delay, the limiters “look ahead” anticipating clipping before it’s recorded.
Zoom AutoMix lets you keep your eyes on the action by automatically adjusting the levels of your mix to reduce ambient sound.
The F6 can record in 24-bit and 32-bit float up to 192 kHz, or both simultaneously at up to 96 kHz.
Cataloging files with the F6 is quick and easy. Enter track name, scene names, notes, and more in both BWF and iXML.
Monitor What Matters;
Use the F6 and your headphones to keep tabs on your tracks pre- or post-fader. Check levels, route signals to the left or right and set alert tones for battery and recording status.
iOS Wireless Control:
The F6’s F Control APP lets you monitor signals, adjust levels, trigger transport controls, enter metadata and more from your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth.
Fine Tune Your Mix:
The Zoom F-Control (FRC-8) gives you more flexibility in the field. With 60 mm faders and controls for trim, pan and track-arming, the FRC-8 is a must-have for any professional filmmaker.
The F6’s Ambisonics mode offers precision A-to-B decoding and balanced gain linking, enabling you to capture spatial audio for VR, AR and more. Download the FREE Zoom Ambisonics Player software to decode and edit your 360-audio with ease.
Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz.
A/D conversion: 24-bit 128× oversampling.
D/A conversion: 24-bit 128× oversampling.
Signal processing: 32-bit.
INPUT: Standard mono phone jack, Rated input level: −20 dBu, Input impedance (line): 470 kΩ.
AUX IN: Stereo mini jack, Rated input level: −10 dBu, Input impedance (line): 1 kΩ.
Input S/N : 120 dB (typ).
USB: Connector: USB Type-C USB 2.0.
Power: USB bus power (Type-C) 5V DC power supply (Micro-B / Optional AD-17 AC adapter).
Dimensions: 80 mm (D) × 106 mm (W) × 29 mm (H).
Weight: 90 g.
|Manufacturer Part Number||ZF6|